I thought I’d give a quick roundup of the things our group is involved in:
- Dave’s excellent post on Larkhall to Alice park is now a document sited in the planning application. I really hope it results in a good route through the site.
- There is a bus with a cycle rack on the front of it in Bristol! However until the Driver Vehicle Safety Agency get their hands on it, we’re not allowed near it. 😦
- Cycle City Ambition Grant Bath East proposed set of ideas are now ‘solidified’ and are being looked at by council officers to determine viability. Getting a child on a bike from Larkhall into the city centre safely apparently can be quite controversial [Bath Chron Article].
- The CCAG Bath East tour brought up an interesting question over the Hampton Row footbridge. The replacement has still not been designed. A wheelchair accessible bridge is possible. Chris and Frank well done for this one.
- The Bath Train Station manager and Southgate manager are on board with kitting out the tunnel under the station with more racks, probably a 100 of these, better lighting AND CCTV. CCAG money is potentially available for doing this.
- The river path will have some verge maintenance done on it, but tying down what that is is almost impossible. BaNES needs a path maintenance team kitted out with the tools needed to keep paths wide and clear.
- Projects that should be completed within the next two months:
- Rainbow Woods
- A4 Ramp
- London Road
- CCAG Seven Dials!
- Cycle Bath is in the process of becoming an associate member of FoBRA. We hope this is a fruitful relationship, particularly with the work we are doing with the CCAG money,
Apologies if I’ve missed you off. I know a lot goes on I hope the above gives some idea of the amount that people are doing. Be proud people. We’re helping to make this city a better, healthier, less congested place to live. Now get out on your bike and ride!
Adam Reynolds – Cycle Bath Chair
PS: If you like what we are doing, just get involved. The more the merrier.